It's no secret that I love protein pancakes. In fact, I love them so much that I even eat them for breakfast post-fight when technically I can eat whatever I want! Sometimes as a treat I'll use little variations such as adding chocolate chips, whip cream or other yummy additions.
One of my favourite cheats of all time is a combination of chocolate/peanut butter ANYTHING. There's not much out there with those two words that I don't love, so naturally I created a protein pancake recipe based around this :)
Here it is:
3/4 cup Egg Whites
1 Brown Egg
1/2 cup Oats
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Flax Seed
1 scoop Isobolic Chocolate protein powder by Nutrabolics*
1 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
Natural Peanut Butter
No Added Sugar Old Tyme Maple Syrup (optional)
1/2tbsp Coconut Oil
*Nutrabolics' Isobolic Protein has a triple protein matrix so is fast AND slow acting and also tastes like a delicious dark chocolate protein powder. Perfect for this recipe!
- Pre-heat non-stick frying pan on medium heat with coconut oil
- Chop banana into two small pieces and combine all ingredients except chocolate chips, peanut butter and syrup in a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until mixture is consistent.
- Pour mixture into pre-heated frying pan. Add chocolate chips carefully by hand until distributed evenly along surface of pancake
- You'll know one side is done when the mixture no longer moves a lot when you tilt the frying pan. At this time flip the pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until side is done, then flip again to make sure the top is fully cooked.
- Cut into 6 pieces like a pizza and top with natural peanut butter. For extra sweetness also top with 1/8 cup maple syrup (optional)
- Makes one large pancake. Use smaller pans to make more than one pancake out of this recipe.