This recipe is very similar to my original protein pancake recipe with only a few changes.
3/4 cup Egg Whites
1 Brown Egg
1/4 cup Oats
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1/8 tsp Allspice
1 tsp Flax Seed
1/2 tsp maple extract (optional)
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup Blueberries (fresh is better, frozen works too)
No Added Sugar Old Tyme Maple Syrup
- Pre-heat non-stick frying pan on medium heat with cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries in a blender. Blend on high for 30-60 seconds or until mixture is consistent. Because of the thickness of the pumpkin puree you made need to blend longer than regular pancakes.
- Pour mixture into pre-heated frying pan. Add blueberries carefully by hand until distributed evenly along surface of pancake
- You'll know one side is done when the mixture no longer moves a lot when you tilt the frying pan. At this time flip the pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until side is done, then flip again to make sure the top is fully cooked.
- Cut into 6 pieces like a pizza and top with 1/8 cup maple syrup
- Makes one large pancake. Use smaller pans to make more than one pancake out of this recipe.
10g fat with only 1.5g saturated fat